Successful start-ups reach the point of needing to add staff to continue their growth. What should you know from day-1 about adding workers to your organisation. Join this session to learn more about the variety of options to engage and contract with your workforce. Understand your minimum requirements as an employer from a tax and legal perspective and the possible ways to incentivize your workforce with a share option scheme.
Date and time
Thu, 16 September 2021, 12:00 – 13:00 EDT
- Understand your options around hiring a workforce: contractors, consultants and employees etc.
- How your responsibilities could change if your workforce is in the UK or abroad
- How to protect the company and meet your minimum obligations as an employer
- Possible ways to incentivize your staff as you grow with employee equity schemes – including a worked through example of an UK tax approved EMI share options scheme.
- Key Event Feature: *Work Along worskhop session*
- Work along case study example of a UK tax approved EMI share options scheme to learn and ask questions at the event.
- Event Introduction from the SR Team
- Discussion of legal considerations that startups need to consider while hiring with Sophie Clifford
- Discussion of tax and compensation information startups need to know when they hire and how to incentivise new hires with Jonathan Clark
- Case study work along session regarding share options
- Followed by audience Q&A
Jonathan Clark, Tax Director, Frazier & Deeter
Jonathan is an experienced personal tax, employment tax and global mobility tax advisor. He works with multi-national corporations, SME and start up business and private clients. He has extensive experience in global mobility (expatriate tax, social security, international payroll and cross-border tax planning) as well as supporting individuals with complex personal tax affairs and working with SMEs on various tax planning and compliance matters as they grow.
Sophie Clifford, Public Access Barrister, Temple Employment Law, member of The Legal Pod
Sophie is a specialist employment lawyer with over 20 years’ legal experience. She has been specialising in advising tech and creative companies and their employees in their various stages of growth, from start up to getting ready for IPO, for the past 7 years. She is known for her pragmatic approach.
*By registering for this event, you’re happy for Frazier & Deeter and Silicon Roundabout to get in touch with information on upcoming events, new projects and activities.